Carbon Monoxide Victims



The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says most of the 13 people who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday have been released from a hospital while the remaining victims were expected to be released soon.

The Sheriff's Depart said their ages ranged from 40 years old down to 10-months old. Five are children

The apparent cause of the carbon monoxide was from a charcoal grill being used to heat the home after a the home ran out propane.
  
The owner of the home says the home has two detectors for the odorless gas, but that they apparently did not go off.
  
A police officer from Arcadia and two emergency medical technicians were among those treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Willis Breska owns the home north of Arcadia. He says the LP gas tank at the farmhouse was empty, but the tenants never told him about it.

Filed Under :  
Topics : EnvironmentLaw_Crime
Social :
People : Willis Breska
A   A   A