County Disaster Assistance



Governor Mark Dayton has authorized nearly $108,000 in state disaster assistance for Winona County in the wake of strong storms and a tornado last month.

Dayton says the money is for damage caused by severe thunderstorms, high winds and a tornado that struck Winona County on June 28th.  The tornado was reported in the St. Charles area

Dayton sent a letter to the state's director of Homeland Security & Emergency Management on Monday authorizing the aid. Dayton said based on information he has received, damage caused from the storm "is of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant the use of the State Public Disaster Assistance fund."

The state will reimburse 75 percent of the eligible costs for public infrastructure repairs and clean-up. Local governments are responsible for the remaining 25 percent......

 

A   A   A