The National Weather Service says the Mississippi River is rising again...minor flooding possible and a floodwarning has been issued for Wabasha.
The Mississippi River is on the rise again...thanks to a very wet spring so far. This latest storm system has dropped a good deal of snow on parts of the area...and has also dropped widespread rainfall. this combination looks like it will cause the Mississippi to rise.
* flood warning for
the mississippi river at wabasha runs
* from Tuesday morning May 7 until Friday May 10.
* at 10:00 am friday the stage was 11.5 feet.
* flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* minor flooding is forecast.
* forecast...rise above flood stage by Tuesday morning and continue
to rise to near 12.1 feet by Tuesday evening. The river will fall
below flood stage by Thursday evening.
* impact...at 12.0 feet...the river affects low lying areas.
The Mississippi River at Winona was 10.9 feet Friday morning. Flood stage is 13 feet.