Posted: Wednesday, 25 July 2012 3:08PM
A clergy-abuse lawsuit filed against the Catholic Diocese of Winona and the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis, has been rejected by the Minnesota Supreme Court.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the suit was filed by James Keenan who alleged he was abused by former Winona, and now defrocked, priest Thomas Adamson in 1980s
While the suit was filed after the statute of limitations had expired, Keenan had claimed he suit should have gone forward because he repressed memories of the abuse.
A district court had rejected the original suit but the Minnesota State Court of Appeals reinstated the claim.
The newspaper said the Supreme Court's order, issued today (Wednesday) threw the case out a second time.
The paper said Keenan said he was disappointed with the ruling.
At the time, Adamson had been accused of sexually abusing young parishioners in the Winona Diocese dating back to the 1960s......