Lost Property Reports

There's a new way for members of the public to report lost property to Winona police without having to show up at the Law Enforcement Center in person.
Deputy Police Tom Williams says the department has installed a new tab on its website where the public can supply the information via the internet without having to see an officer.

It's a self-reporting system where you fill out the the necessary information about the lost property along with personal information that is sent directly to the police department. The department will then keep a lookout for any recovered property that might turn up and notify the victim.

Williams said the new site is for minor property losses or thefts only such as billfolds, purses, car keys. etc. Major losses or thefts need to be reported the regular way to the L-E-C.

Williams says the site may be expanded in the future to include such things as bicycles and vehicle breakins and other crimes.

The new system is designed to reduce the amount of time officers spend on minor incidents.
To access the new system go to cityofwinona.com...click on police department and then click on the self-reporting tab..... 

Filed Under :  
Topics : Law_Crime
Social :
People : Tom Williams
A   A   A