Garvin Heights Closing



Residents of Winona who live in the Garvin Heights area will be looking for alternative routes into the city when construction is expected to close Garvin Heights Road starting Friday.

City Manager Judy Bodway informed the City Council Monday night that emergency personnel will be getting help from Wilson Township during the 2 to 4 week construction period.

Bodway says the project being undertaken by Winona County involves putting a new culvert underneath Garvin Heights Road and people will need to find a different way to get back into Winona while the work is being done.

In other business, the council unanimously voted in favor of an ordinance allowing for the sale of bonds to help fund the proposed improvements to the Winona Municipal Airport. The Winona Port Authority requested the approval which would allow the them to issue 1.2 million dollars in General Obligation Bonds for the project.
                   
That represents the city's 10% share of the project with the federal government expected to pay for the remaining 90 percent of the cost.

Filed Under :  
Locations : Wilson TownshipWinona County
People : Judy Bodway
A   A   A