Customer Service Representative I
Customer Service Representative I
Supports and assists the Customer Service Manager in the Sales and Marketing efforts of Watkins, Inc. through effective resolution of customer service concerns. The Customer Service Representative I will manage direct customer and consultant inquires. Weekend and overtime may be requested or required, as well as some holidays.
May perform some or all of the following duties:
- Perform Customer Service duties (including order entry, direct consumers and consultants) to accomplish objectives on a daily basis; process phone calls, emails, faxes, etc. accurately and timely; reconcile customer issues via phone, web, fax, and all other mediums as identified.
- Handle incoming mail and telephone correspondence concerning consultant and customer issues; damaged/defective merchandise, price adjustments and other related Customer Service issues, as well as correspondence regarding policy and product issues.
- Research difficult service situations and forward precise information to necessary support areas as appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for learning customer service procedures, policies and standards for the Customer Service department.
- Work with coordinators and Customer Service managers to ensure work is consistent, accurate, and providing quality service.
- Assist the Customer Service department as needed to support department and company objectives.
- Updates knowledge and develops professionally on a continuing basis. Participates in internal and external training and development opportunities as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must provide quality service to Watkins customers.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to handle difficult customer service issues.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and peers.
- Must possess organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be reliable and report to work regularly and on time.
- Must have intermediate or higher computer skills in the following programs: Excel and Word.
- Must have familiarity with the functionality and use of the company website.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Must possess courteous and professional customer service attitude.
- Must possess strong follow-up skills; basic mathematical skills and technical ability to input and retrieve computerized information.
- A high school diploma/GED and minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service role via phone, email or other form of media is required.
- Previous call center experience preferred.
Work is performed largely in an office environment with minimal chance for personal injury. Regular contact with co-workers. Occasional out-of-town and overnight business travel (air or auto) is required for business and education. Regular mental and visual concentration for computer usage required. Regular use of telephone; regular, repetitive use of keyboard for approximately 5 hours per day. Requires ability to receive and provide detailed information through verbal and written communication. Requires near and mid-range vision. Will alternate sitting, standing, and walking throughout work shift. Bend, turn, lift and carry up to 10 pounds of documents and office supplies; climb stairs. Hours of work are generally during regular business hours and average at least 40-50 hours a week. There will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, community events, and other concerns.
Watkins requests the employee consideration of not smoking in the workplace.
Food Safety Responsibilities:
ALL PERSONNEL are responsible for disciplined adherence to those practices outlined in our Food Safety Manual. Additionally, it is everyone’s responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action by referring to the SQF Policy 184.108.40.206.
Apply in person at Watkins, 150 Liberty Street, Winona, MN 55987 or email HR@JRWatkins.com