Carbon Monoxide



The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department says 13 people, including an emergency responder, were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday at a residence in the Town of Arcadia.

Authorities said they were called to the residence about 4:30 p.m. for an unknown medical situation.

They ended up rescuing seven adults and five children from the home. They were sick from carbon monoxide. Some had passed out.

An unidentified officer was also overcome when he entered the home and was also taken to a hospital.

Authorities said three helicopters and five ambulances were used to transport the victims.

As of Monday evening, all subjects are alive and have either been released from the hospital or soon will be.

Authorities said the cause appeared to to be a charcoal grill in the kitchen area used to heat the home.

  
 

Filed Under :  
Topics : EnvironmentLaw_Crime
Social :
Locations : Arcadia
A   A   A