Rochester Safe House



The Federal Emergency Management Agency has released $327,000 in Hazard Mitigation Grant Program  funds to the city of Rochester for the construction of a safe room at Quarry Hill Nature Center in Olmsted County.

The Hazard Mitigation Grant Program enables communities to implement critical mitigation measures to reduce or eliminate the risk of loss of life and property. The construction of the safe room will protect the lives of  citizens by providing a secure location to seek shelter from tornados and other high wind events.

FEMA will pay $327,000 or 75 percent of the project's total cost. The city of Rochester will contribute the remaining 25 percent, or $109,000.
 

A   A   A