Morning Headlines with Paul Lundquist on KWNO
The National Wearther Service says the flood watch continues for the Mississippi River from the Winona and La Crosse areas downstream through lock and dam 10 at Guttenberg, Iowa.
The recent rains combined with the already moist soil conditions is expected to result in rising water levels.
The flood watch continues for the mississippi river at Winona until further notice.
* at 9:45 am tuesday the stage was 10.6 feet.
* minor flooding is possible.
* flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* forecast...flood stage may be reached by saturday.
The river is forecast to reach a crest near 14.1 feet by Tuesday morning.
The flood warning continues for the Mississippi River at Wabasha.
* from Thursday morning until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* at 10:00 am tuesday the stage was 11.5 feet.
* flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* minor flooding is forecast.
* forecast...rise above flood stage by Thursday morning and continue
to rise to near 13.4 feet by Monday evening.
* impact...at 13.5 feet...water begins to go over Highway 60.
Flooding also impacts the lower level of Slippery's Restaurant.