Party Line
Have something to buy sell or trade? Call party line at 504-452-2867 or 800-584-6782

Heroin Overdose Drug

Starting August First law enforcement officers and fire fighters will be authorized to use a special drug to treat heroin overdoses.
Right now only some medical professionals can administer naloxone which is also known as narcan.
Beginning August First law enforcement and fire fighters will be able to administer the drug in emergency situations.

The Winona Area Ambulance EMS Medical Director, Dr. John Gallagher told KTTC TV that the use of the drug in the Winona area has dropped from 23 patients in 2013 to just seven so far this year.

Filed Under :  
People : John Gallagher
A   A   A