Winona firefighters were called to a house fire in the 850 block of East Wabasha Street Wednesday evening.
Deputy Police Chief Tom Williams said a 50-year-old homeowner was taken to Winona Health.
Winona Fire Marshal Jason Theuseh told Winona Radio News the man sustained flash burns on his hands and face in attempt to put the fire out. The cause was described as inattentive cooking.
Damage occurred in the stove area and was minimal. However, Theuseh
said, the man, whose name was not released, ended up staying with friends.
The man was alone in the home at the time.
Firefighters arrived about 10:30 p.m, and remained for about 90 minutes.