The Winona Police Department is reminding you of safety tips for those that will be out and about for Halloween tonight.
• Children under the age of 12 should not be out at night without a parent.
• Have your children pick costumes that are bright colors.
• Try to decorate costumes with reflective tape or stickers.
• Have kids carry glow sticks and/or flashlights.
• Try to use face paint instead of masks to make sure kids’ vision is not obstructed.
• Make sure your children know not to dart out into the street.
• Cross at corners or crosswalks.
• Try to stay on sidewalks and in areas without sidewalks stay close to the edge of the roadway.
• Drivers should drive extra slow and make sure all distractions are at a minimum.
There are a couple of organized activities on Halloween for kids as a trick-or-treat alternative.
Trunk or Treat, sponsored by Compass Church, will be in the City parking lot next to the Eagles Club at 4th St & Franklin St. This event will be from 4pm until 6:30pm.